Re: business trip

Ray Keefer wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
>         I am back from my latest trip to the UK. I took time to dive down
> to Gosport. Neat. Did you know that they have the Holland I there? This is
> Britain's first submarine.
>
>         Also they have a bunch of midget submersibles. The X-24, a German
> Bitrel, and a Italian chariot.
>
>         Thanks for letting me know about Gosport! I was worth the drive!

Yes, I know about it because I was there in 1994 on my way back from Africa.  My wife
and daughter stayed in Europe and my son and I did the Imperial War Museum, the Airfield
at Duxford, the Destroyer in the Thames (I forget the name) and Gosport.  I first heard
about it by reading the book, Monsters and Midgets.   The author, Richard Compton Hall,
is the museum curator.

--
Martin Sanderse
I've got all the money I'll ever need - if I die by 4 o'clock.  (Henny Youngman)