Re: Promoting the hobby...

Boy, you make a good point about liability;  I wonder if the situation for
insurance is different if the sub operator can take some of the load off?
There should be a way to minimize a manufacturer's risk when he developes
subs for sale...anyone have legal training?
I'm also a certified diver.  I find it interesting that there's so little
(if any) advertisements in scuba magazines etc.  It's as if scuba divers
have interest in only getting wet, and not in the evolution of sea
technology in general...even more so, an efficient submersible might serve
as a diving platform and recreational vehicle (still presupposing surface
travel, though).

Gareth