RE: Re: hello

Good point Jim.  I'm not one for socially acceptable, and I see that our
fun is just that,...fun.  But there's another issue (for me at least);
part of the elegance of a good design is it's user-friendliness, it's
simplicity (and robustness)...which add up in my mind to:  would someone
pay for the pain I put into making this thing elegant?  Which has a lot to
do with where I'm at right now (looking for a future), but also kinda
touches on something bigger:  will we ever really be under the sea?
	I mean, when those two nerds built their garage-computer and
showed it off to their friends, they must have been real excited. Some
of their friends would have been happy building a project specific
computer, and having that be the end of it...but the general purpose use
of the damn thing was so revolutionary (in concept, first, achievement,
much later).  That's not to say submersibles will have any kind of major
impact on the world of humans.  But what if?  And who does it hurt to talk
visionary, as long as we talk practical, too?
	But if you really couldn't care less if submersibles become as
popular as Sea-Doos in the future, than just redirect the
converation...but I can't promise not to ask the old questions in new
clothes.

Gareth