Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Valve Advice

Does the hull stop still need to be a needle valve if the O2 is LP when it enters the hull instead of HP?

Rick

Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:33 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Valve Advice

I agree with Vance, if I had ball valves for blowing the MBTs, where I have the needle valves now, it would probably work just fine. The one case in which you can't use a ball valve, however, is with HP oxygen. Even the hull shutoff for O2 has to be a needle valve. The reason is that a ball valve starts and stops the flow quite suddenly, and the pressure bang can trigger an oxygen fire.