Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Which gases to detect?

Hello

Just a quick word of warning regarding gas detector heads from one of the Companies mentioned above. I have a project ongoing at the moment at work where a number of detector heads have been "poisoined" (Crowcon's words not mine) by use of cleaning chemicals close to detectors, with the result that the detectors had to be replaced at £400 pounds a piece. I suspect it was a silicon or window cleaning chemical, as high level windows are located close to the detectors.

So best bet might be to make the detector heads quickly removable for storage and check all chemicals you use near them against the detector data sheets to ensure you don't wind up having to replace them.

Also bear in mind detector heads have limited life so you need to consider replacement recommendations when deciding which to go with. Just my experience.

Regards Simon