From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Marc de Piolenc
Sent: Wednesday, 8 December 2010 5:01 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Getting Started

Daniel's message reminds me of something that I wanted to suggest.
(Please accept my apology in advance if this has already been discussed on
the list.)

Have the various knowledgeable members considered setting up an FAQ or wiki
type resource for entry-level psubbers? If legal liability is a concern for
the organization, it could be hosted on a member's server, and all the usual
disclaimers would apply.

As I imagine it, it would make no attempt to be exhaustive or prescriptive;
instead, it would consist of short entries outlining certain problems in
design, construction or operation, and a series of links to resources that
would help a complete beginner to bring himself up to speed on possible
solutions. That way, it would be clear that this is not a design or shop
manual, which would hopefully keep the ravening lawyers at bay.

Best,
Marc de Piolenc
Iligan City, Philippines

Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog
Ducted fans: http://massflow.archivale.com/
Polymath weblog: http://www.archivale.com/weblog
Translation services (BeWords): http://www.bewords.com/Marc-dePiolenc
Translation services (ProZ): http://www.proz.com/profile/639380
Translation services (translatorscafe):
http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/profile/default.asp?LID=130919&ForOthers
=true#Profile_Start

On 12/8/2010 4:21 AM, Daniel Kubiak wrote:

> I am just getting started with this hobby and plan to spend a great deal
> of time researching and learning before I do any building. Are there any
> good starter books that cover submarine design in general and in
> relatively simple terms? I first want to understand the mechanical or
> structural first: e.g. what materials to use, how to use them, how does
> pressure work, how deep can my design go, et cetera.
>
> Thanks!
>
> David

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG