Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

If you are going to sit upright, then 30" is plenty. For moving around, 36" is minimal. 42" is pretty good, 48" is workable and 54" is nearly luxurious.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Fritz, Benjamin T AT1 CNATTU, JACKSONVILLE <benjamin.fritz@navy.mil>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 12:09 pm
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

Hey guys,

I was looking at my designs for my sub and noticed that the interior size is
lacking in open volume when all the internals are installed.  Right now its all
theoretical placement using the dimensions of the components.  My hull diameter
is planned at 30", at this point I don't think it will be enough...

Of the members of the K-Sub mafia, what size hull is more common for
construction?  Cliff, what size hull did you use for the R-300?