Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

I agree. A mock-up, especially for a first time builder, is a valuable tool.

Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: greg cottrell <jgcottrell2002@yahoo.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 1:06 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

If you ever sit in a 48" hull, 36" suddenly seems WAY too small. But It depends on whether you plan to spend the dive with your body in the hull in the conning tower (K-250 style).
I would suggest that anyone in the planning stage get some different size cardboard tubes (you can get 30", 36", and 48" diameter tubes from places like "Shapes Unlimited") and try mocking your design up to see how it feels.

Greg