Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

Ben

Sorry for the delay.  I have been busy of late in the real world.  My boat pressure hull is 30".  As I was going for a low drag profile, this has worked fine.  If I had to do it again with the same design objectives, I would again use a 30" hull but would have external stiffeners, not internal to give more room and make maintenance easier.

Cliff

From: "Fritz, Benjamin T AT1 CNATTU, JACKSONVILLE" <benjamin.fritz@navy.mil>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 12:09:14 PM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] pressure hull sizing

Hey guys,

I was looking at my designs for my sub and noticed that the interior size is lacking in open volume when all the internals are installed.  Right now its all theoretical placement using the dimensions of the components.  My hull diameter is planned at 30", at this point I don't think it will be enough...

Of the members of the K-Sub mafia, what size hull is more common for construction?  Cliff, what size hull did you use for the R-300?