Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull Penetration and Reinforcement

In a message dated 4/28/2010 7:18:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, jonw@psubs.org writes:
http://www.psubs.org/design/pvho
Hi Jon. Couple questions please........
#1     What is column "E" representing. "area of nozzle cross section" @ 6 inches.
#2     Is  column "D" Diameter of nozzle  ID or OD ?

I am considering a "fix" for my hull design  (at a later date) and at this point have planned on removing the main window assembly completely and replacing the 3/8 inch thick window ring and 2 inch wide X 1 inch thick window base ring with a 1.5 inch thick window ring and a 2.5 inch wide X 2 inch thick window base ring for the plexi disk to sit on.
I'll get a professional FEA analysis done on the design before I "chop out" the old one but I am trying to understand what the different values are.
I may have to replace the hatch ring assembly and two smaller window rings too but for now am concentrating on the main window as the basis for learning how the rules are applied.
I know this doesn't really apply to my design because I'm installing all this stuff into the formed heads rather than a stiffened cylinder.
Thanks, Frank D.