Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] The USS Squalus: Need help finding info

Kay,

I would suggest you start with the National Archives in DC. In grad school I wrote a paper on the loss of the S5. I went to the National Archives with no contacts or introductions whatsoever. At the front desk when I explained what I was looking for they brought out a naval history curator and half an hour later he had a trolley for me full of material on the S5. I was given a table in the public reading room, access to a photocopier, and as much time as I wished. There was the original ship's log, a congressional inquiry, etc. It was a wonderful experience of our tax dollars wisely used, besides being terrific for me as a student.

Alec