[PSUBS-MAILIST] Open letter to Doug Jackson

Doug,

You have made your contempt and disdain for PSUBS quite clear through various posts on our mailing list, and on your own interest group, such as Message #67 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:12am in which you wrote,

"Someone post this to psubs for me, with a big EAT CROW you pompous pieces of shit!"

Furthermore, on your own personal website you have posted:

"Chinese Peasant's Oil Barrel "Death Trap" Submarine Makes Expert PSub Builders Eat Crow. Less (sic) this be an lesson of how perseverance and resourcefulness can triumph over high brow arrogance."

You have left no question that PSUBS serves no legitimate purpose for you. The words you write go far beyond mere opinion and are an irrational response that appears to be governed by a temper-tandrum mentality. Given that you have categorized the PSUBS group as "pieces of shit" and "high brow arrogance", I tend to doubt the sincerity of your offer for psubbers to join you at your home in Oklahoma. I believe your ill-temper has clouded your judgment of how to act responsibly toward this group and your true intent is one of disruption and harassment.

On July 15, 2009 you removed yourself from this mailing list and had no further contact with this group for more than three months. Since Oct 15 2009 you have used various aliases to access the mailing list including the following registrations presumably to relay one message.

submarineboat@gmail.com on Oct 15, 2009 20:55
argonautjr@hotmail.com on Oct 21 2009, 16:25
djackson99@aol.com on Oct 23, 2009 22:45
submarineboat@gmail.com on Oct 23, 2009 23:00
nf4kids@gmail.com on Oct 24, 2009 01:20

Please stop immediately. If there is a legitimate message from your interest group to this one, there are other people who monitor both groups and can relay such a message to us. In the event you are at some point able to control your anger and wish to have legitimate interaction with this group, please contact me personally through a mutual acquaintance. Until that time, there is no place for you on this mailing list since we can never be sure what your real intentions are. While this is unfortunate, you have only yourself to blame and I encourage you to tone down your language and consider more respectful wording to get your point across when conversing with a large group of diverse people on public forums. The words you use are a reflection of you personally, and in my opinion your crass style and inability to value differences should be reserved for public forums frequented by people who enjoy and admire the qualities you possess.

Also in my opinion, you now have all the attention you sought. Your message about argonaut has been received and the multiple messages submitted in clandestine fashion regarding the creation of your own discussion group have been received. We are also well aware of the leaders in your group intention to stomp out PSUBS from the internet as evidenced by a submission from Steve Pearce in which he said in response to Alan James, on Sep 17, 2009, "My goal is that within three months of launch our website will be at the top of the Google search engine results when you type in Psub, minisub personal sub etc." It appears the foundation and goal of your group is based more upon vindictiveness and revenge rather than submersible discussion. I have rarely seen such entities survive based upon those traits, however we wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Jon Wallace
PSUBS.ORG

Doug Jackson wrote:
Guys, I am having the worst time getting any of my email accounts to work or stay working with the mail list. Can you help me with that?

Also I would like to get the word out about the Argonaut Jr. 2010 project:
http://www.submarineboat.com/argonaut_jr_2010.htm

Can you post that on the Announcements page for me, and a project page and link would be great too.

Thanks for you assistance.
Doug Jackson
SubmarineBoat.com