From: Jay K. Jeffries <bottomgun@mindspring.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, Oct 24, 2009 9:06 am
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] elliptical heads

Vance,
My issue is not that they survived but it is my feeling that there are stability and maneuvering issues.  This is an opinion that I don’t have the time to work out the calculations to support.  Would think that if it was a successful hull form that there would be many more built due to the economy and innate strength of this shape.  The ride on the surface would have to be particularly obnoxious due to pitching and heaving.
R/Jay