[PSUBS-MAILIST] The USS Squalus: Need help finding info

Hello, fellow submarine aficionados!

I am a nonfiction children's writer with 17 book published including one on submarines.

Now I am writing a book about the Squalus, a submarine which sank in May, 1939.

As part of my research, I am searching for photos, news articles, letters, and memorabilia connected to the Squalus. They may include photos of the wives and families, local news articles of the death of a sailor, personal letters from crew members to their families and friends, photos of a favorite bar, photos when the crew were children, etc. This type of information brings to life the men who served and died on the Squalus. This personal connection to the crew catches kids' attention and keeps them reading.

Any and all suggestions, ideas, points, hints, people to call, libraries to email would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kay