RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] NACA 65-020 High Aspect Ratio Fin Development

Andy,

1.       Rhinoceros for 3-D design (currently using the v5 beta in both 32- and 64-bit versions, 32-bit because many of the add on packages have not been upgraded to 64-bit as of yet).

2.       Flamingo and Brazil for rendering the 3-D designs (look to pick up V-Ray sometime in the future when my student budget allows).

3.       Orca3D (a Rhino add-on) for rapid hull design, weight, balance, & cost management, hydrostatics, and speed analysis.

4.       DelftShip for hull design and analysis (FreeShip was its freeware predecessor).

5.       AutoCAD 2010 for plan layout and annotation.

6.       Profili Pro for foil development

7.       There are two add on packages that I want to get for Rhino, one should have great application for sail development and another that aids surface development

8.       Have started playing with CAELinux for finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)

This is a start, there may be a few other utilities that I use from time to time and I am sure that there will be others as I progress through the program.  Some students use Maxsurf but that may be because they started with it before Rhino had reached its current level of support for the NA world.

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas