Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Urethane Coatings on Steel Ballest & Drop Weights

Hi Brent. That's very interesting. I had some reservations about the Rhino products being a viable solution, but reading that info about the Rhino "Hard Line" seems to make good sense. With it's flexibility, It may be a good paint solution for a sub hull. I'll be looking at that more as I get closer to the painting stage.
I wonder what colors are available. I want my sub to be silver, but it's not critical, as long as it's not "Yellow!!!" I get real tired of people singing that damn song when they hear I'm building a submarine.
I got the side panels for my stainless ballast tanks back from the shop yesterday. Man! they look good. The horizontal "breaks" in the panels look similar to the slats on a wooden skiff, and I polished a small scrap piece of the 12 gage metal. It came out just like chrome!
I'm not able to get pictures to load up on frappr any more. Not sure why, so I'll have to get with Jon and get a space on the psubs site so I can get some pics up.
I'll start fitting and welding the ballast tank pieces today, but it's pretty complicated with the compound curves, so will take some time to complete the tanks.
Thanks for the "Rhino" link. Frank D.