From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Tue, Jun 23, 2009 8:54 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Recycling Lead

Hi Brent. I contacted a few tire shops near me, and each had a guy who came and bought the old wheel weights. One guy said he got $3 a pound but  I kind of doubt that. Way more than I was willing to pay. My best guess is 1800 LBS. for mine. I gathered about 100 pounds of them and did some melting. Pretty easy to get clean lead bricks. Anyway, I found a guy who has about 2000 lbs. in the small ingot shape, and he's selling me 1500 lbs. for $350. The rest he's saving for shot reloads. Ebay has several places at about $1 per pound. It's getting hard to find lead now in Calif. Frank D.