Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Problems with initial

What is the purpose of the loop of tubing? Is this to provide expansion for bubbles that might be present?
Jon

Greg Cottrell wrote:

Hi Vance,

I’ve always filled the motors with light oil and forgot about them. I just drill/ tap the motor housing for a pair of small barb fittings and connect them with a loop of clear tubing (make sure you get tube that stays flexible in cold water). The oil with travel through stranded wire so you’ll also have to strip the insulation back on a small spot, solder a small area and then pot the wire with a urethane or epoxy compound. As for the oil, WD-40 works great- It displaces water and won’t attack electric insulation or rubber seals. There’s always talk on the internet about fear of metal shavings getting in the oil but as far as I can see you just get a little suspended carbon and it doesn’t seem to have any effect on how the motors run.

Greg