Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 40 degree inclusive angle Vee clamps for Viewports

No, they clamped on paint without problems. And when I say that paint was some bad mammy jammer, I mean we popped the aft pod caps about a million times for battery charges, and just kept on trucking. If you got a scratch, then give her a scrub with sandpaper and dab it with paint. End of story.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent Hartwig <brenthartwig@hotmail.com>
To: PSUBSorg <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 6:34 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 40 degree inclusive angle Vee clamps for Viewports

Hey Jay,

Right, I was just thinking that the moly anti-seize would keep the mating parts from being as conductive and keep every thing out, as well as be easy to apply, clean up, and remove the parts.

Vance did you apply any thing to the SS mating surfaces on the Vee clamping rings and pods for dealin g with corrosion?  Did you ever see any corrosion in those areas?

Regards,
Szybowski