Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] K-600 Plans

George must of changed his mind, and decided to release the K-600 plans.

"We must of sold well over a hundred sets of plans of all the designs to our midget submarines except the K-600. I always felt that the K-600 was a little too difficult to build and the operating depth was too deep to enable a diver to flood the submarine and make an escape with scuba if he got entangled at the maximum depth."

From page 266

"I designated the submarine we were building, the K-600 because it was to have a maximum operating depth of six hundred feet. This was twice the operating depth of the fleet-type submarines our navy had developed at the start of World War II."

From page 273

The data about the head thickness changes on the K-600 are on page 272.

Regards,

Szybowski