From: Brent Hartwig <brenthartwig@hotmail.com>
To: PSUBSorg <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 9:12 pm
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] new flicks

Hi  Dean,   Looks like a lot of good progress.  I like the longer battery pods.  The basic K-350 design, I've heard is a bit nose heavy, so they have to add lead to the stern area.  Having the pods and conning tower more forward must be the reason for this extra nose weight. That design configuration I would guess is because George designed and built the first K-350 with out the extra two feet of tube section that is now in the back. Then when he put it in the water for the first time he realized he had messed up on his calculations and needed more buoyancy. So he added the length of tube in the back.  At least that is the story I read in his book.  Keep grinding and shaping, you'll getter dun. ;}'

If you make the sub to heavy, you can always add a couple of feet to the tube section of the pressure hull.  You can't ever have enough space.

  " Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards. "  ~ Fred Hoyle

Regards,

Szybowski