Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] new flicks

Knowing the person doing the project, I don't think Kittredge was conned. The last I heard on blueprints for the K-600 was that there was a delay pending information on some of the components. Some of the plans were either incomplete, or missing, and George was trying to retrieve the data. The person doing the CAD for the project was attempting to duplicate everything as it was provided to the certifying agency. That may or may not occur, and frankly, may or may not be necessary.

I have come to believe that separate plans for a K-600 are superfluous. Combining the K-250 or K-350 plans with the hull calculator on the web site can provide anyone with their own version of a K500, K600, K1000, or even K3000. Take the existing plans and just beef up the components as necessary. The prevalence of non-kittredge subs being built is a pretty good indication that there's enough information on PSUBS and other internet sources for a diligent and responsible person to build a reliable sub according to their own design.

Jon

vbra676539@aol.com wrote:
I wonder what happened to that deal about somebody transferring blueprints to disc and selling same for the K-600. Maybe Jon knows, or maybe someone just conned the old man.