Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] new flicks

Still Dean, I like the shape of your sub, and you've got some good logical innovations for a K boat.
It is a little more complicated making everything bolt-on, but because most of my dives will be in salt water, I need to be able to strip the hull down to the minimum without a lot of work. After all the years of diving off the coast here, the good stuff seems like it's always hiding in the rocks, and with currents and wave action, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be crashing into those rocks regularly. ( OUCH!) so repair, maintenance and maneuverability were some of my biggest concerns. The other reason was the ability to replace sections with something else entirely different. ( possible, but not likely ).
I have an idea of later building a new, larger rear section that will bolt on, and have a pass-thru hatch. The existing hull would stay as is for controls, and the new module for the back could be bolted on with a big flange and have other stuff in it. I haven't spent a lot of time designing it yet, but it could range from just a section large enough for an onboard engine room holding a small diesel drive to a much larger section with room for diesel motor, batteries, larger fuel tanks, water tanks, a couple of bunks, and basically enough stuff to travel some distances without a surface boat.
The idea is to be able to add that section later, but still be able to strip it down to the original smaller size fairly easily. You know how that whole design process goes. Once you start, it can go almost anywhere.
I often have to kick myself and say "enough is enough" or I'd never get this thing done. As it is, it's way more complicated than I'd originally planned. That's the down side to being a dreamer.
Keep slogging away on that boat Dean, it's looking real good. Sure hope to see it soon up close. Frank D.