RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Important PSUBS Info - Please Read

Hi Jon,
Very well put.
I would have benefited just as much from P-Subs if it were a professional
organization and the growth you have pointed out that it has achieved is
indicative of where it is likely to head.  While it is great to hear all the
chit-chat it is the information that I would prefer to have access to.  The
Chit chat is relationship building between P-subbers and is great for the
friendships that evolve from it but it does clog up the emails on a new
mobile, blackberry or computer.  To collate the information would be just
great but it would cost.  Something a Subscription would allow for
hopefully. As you point out it could have a chat forum with a link to P-subs
that continues without cost and someone may wish to do that.  I will stick
with P-subs and be happy to pay for a subscription.  Hopefully P-Subs will
be able to do its own monthly or annual magazine in time.  Even to get it to
that stage with the costs involved it will still take a lot of unpaid hours
of dedication from someone.  I take my hat off to you and Ray for what you
have achieved.  Offers from people to donate are great but unpredictable and
in time the appreciation of what has been done diminishes.  There are no
Golf clubs, Yacht clubs, etc that have risen to anything which rely on
donations. Bring on the subscriptions it is time for a change.  Small price
to pay for the information received.  What started for me as a 3 month
design of a sub and then a 6 month build has turned into an 18 month design
and 12 month build.   One of the biggest resources is advertising space that
I don't think you have looked at yet and is a real need for P-subbers who
are getting into the game.  Plastics companies,  Sub consulting Engineers,
Hardware suppliers, consumables suppliers, Machining services, Steel
suppliers. Sponsors for the Web page / News Letters. While you list
suppliers for free at the moment I don't think you should.  These companies
should be approached for "subscriptions" or advertising space. One of the
biggest helps would also be to have a country representative for P-Subs
where numbers start to warrant it.  They can suss out the local suppliers
that all could benefit from. Another source of income could be for a
register of proven designs of various components such as Domes, Windows,
Hatch locking mechanisms, thru hull connectors, motors, etc.  Granted these
are available with K250 and K350 plans but there are a number of "original"
designs coming through. Yes there will be a bit of a backlash from those who
want no change but the fact of the matter is, as you have pointed out,
things have changed, are changing and will change.  Some of the feedback
from other p-subbers is good in trying to keep it all simple.  What you
proposed did fill me with some consternation as to how it would work.
However, you guys have thought through it all and no doubt spent many hours
discussing it so hopefully it will work.  Lets keep positive on it and
support the change, igve some positive feedback and tune it so that it comes
out a better animal.  Thanks to all the P-subbers who have helped me in my
search for info.  Hugh  NZ.