Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Corosion resistant fasteners.

Brent and I were having a short discussion about rust, and I made a little sketch of a fastener set-up I'll be using in a particular area that should help reduce the expected corrosion, and aid in maintenance. So I thought I'd post it under a new subject line. Anyway, the reason for this particular set-up is that the fairing mounts are tucked into an area that will be impossible to reach from both sides, so the stainless nuts are welded onto the tabs, and the nylon bushing will give me the ability to cut off the head on the brass bolt if it gets corroded/stuck. Because the brass bolt is soft, I will be able to drill it out easily without destroying the stainless nuts. The fairing is made of 3/8 fiberglass, and the nylon bushing will help protect it from minor bumps, while keeping corrosion of the brass bolt to a minimum.
I have several different places where I'll be using nylon washers and bushings. The washers and bushings will be carried as spares for field maintenance in remote locations.
Here's the sketch.....
I'd be very interested in any comments you guys may have, and would love to see/hear of any other ideas on how to prevent corrosion on our subs. Frank D.