Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Baudot's code underwater communication system?

Morse code, TDD, or your own "secret-sam" coding language may be interesting from a engineering perspective and have purpose in a specialized application, but is not practical for the majority of recreational applications. In the absence of a special application, we should be thinking in terms of standardizing with equipment used for Scuba applications.

Jon

Jay K. Jeffries wrote:

Brent,

You don’t have to try to convince me, we been done this road at great length already just a short time ago on the list. I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking and you will find it needs optimum conditions to perform, a high powered PC, and still leaves something to be desired…most reviews will show that it doesn’t make the 99% claim. It is good but PSUBs isn’t the application for Dragon. Please consider the simple solution first and also who else is going to carry a corresponding transceiver?

It was concluded by others here that plain voice comms would meet the needs of almost all cases that a PSUBBER would encounter.

R/Jay