Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2009 PSUBS Convention - Howie Robbins, Artificial Reef So...

Hi, Guys - any suited up safety divers in the works?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:00 AM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] 2009 PSUBS Convention - Howie Robbins, Artificial Reef So...

Hi Ray. Yes, I remember the note about dropping the deep workers on the crane so we maybe could sit in them submerged ( tethered.)
That would be a lot of fun.
I'm guessing that any psub that got to Vancouver would be on a trailer, but if no ramp was nearby, a crane would be required.
If mine's ready, it should weigh about 6750 lbs. The psubs I've seen are so varied in size and configuration that I have no idea what they weigh each. Jim K said he may have his ready by then too. Are there any guys locally ( 500 miles) with psubs?
10,000 lbs. minimum isn't a very big crane and would probably suffice. I'd be willing to help pay for a crane rental whether or not my subs ready and the cost wasn't too much.
So many details to put something like this together. I would think a surface boat or two would be a good idea. Nothing fancy, maybe even row boats would be OK.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Really looking forward to it. Frank D.