Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] MBT Venting Options

Vance,

You're welcome to speak, but a white paper (with diagrams and illustrations) or photo journal would work best for getting the info out to the masses. Using your camera to document each step in construction would be best.

Is your design similar to automotive engine valves where they seal at the top? Or is the seal on the internal side of the MBT? It seems like the spring compression value for keeping the valve closed will be important. Am I correct that generally, you'd want a standing spring force equal to or exceeding the psi at maximum depth reached? How did you calculate the strength of the spring you need for the valve?

Jon

I'll have all that stuff ready before the convention, so maybe I can get a little ten minute talk stuck in there on how to build these things. It's a home shop item. In fact, I guess a hacksaw and a drill would be enough, if you weren't interested in pretty. I wish we were sitting around a coffee table, because two minutes with a pencil and a napkin, and you guys would know exactly what I was talking about. I do have a new computer with a scanner and a new camera with a cable, so I'll snap some shots of the valves being built. We ought to be done here shortly, depending on when the cylinders get here. FedEx is pretty loaded down these days, but I'll post it soonest, whenever soonest happens to be. Soon, anyway.