From: Dan. H.
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Newbie

Don,

Don't let the availability of kit parts discourage you form building.  Any established weld shop should be able to assist you in getting the weldments worked up.  The biggest factors are, the cost, do they want to be involved in something like a submarine and will they do work for an individuals with a one time project.  Not necessarily in that order.

To take on building a steel sub, you should have the ability and capability to do some of the fabrication yourself.  It's not a must but your going to get tired of going to a weld shop every time you need some bricka-brack welded in place, not to mention the drain on your wallet.  The hull, pods and the rest of the steel work is only about half of the entire project.

Good luck and hope to hear your getting started real soon.
Dan H.