Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Double O-Ring On A Hatch

thats correct - no need for doubble oring

----- Original Message ----- From: <clientes@tolimared.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Double O-Ring On A Hatch

In a scuba gear the first stage - is attached to the tank with a single O- ring this single o-ring takes some 200bar in this configuration - or i am wrong on this? - So i also see no need of double ring in any application in a submarine.
Cheers, Wil

Quoting MerlinSub@t-online.de:

No idear why they make that.. one is just fine with lower
cost for rings, trench and paint maintance issue.

I just pressuries my diverchamber with a
singel o-ring to 32 atmosp..

Think better one with bigger diameter than two smalls.

best regards Carsten

"Brent Hartwig" <brenthartwig@hotmail.com> schrieb:

I finally found a double o-ring on a sub hatch. The sub on ebay right now called the Great Lake's Submarine mentioned earlier, has one. Here is the picture.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=4001713&pid=7375620

Regards,
Brent Hartwig

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53
Weare, NH  03281

--
Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 20644 spam-mails.