Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST]saturation diverlockout

"Øystein Skarholm" <skarholm@gmail.com> schrieb:
> Carsten
>
> You almost make it sound that my copper siebe Gorman helmet is a fairy
> tail he he. But it is not. It is being used every day. Of course
> offshore we only use glasfiber helmets like superlight 18 and newer.
>
> I would not go sat in a single chamber facility no matter what. At
> least a double chamber facility. This has several reasons. safety is
> just one. Also remembser bacteria loving the cosy atmosphere in a
> chamber :-)

- Sound intressting - After which time this bacteria get a problem ?

- What is the normal gas temperature in a diver chamber if you stays longer
  about 35 degrees ?

- Are your diver chamber insulate ? Inside or outside or both sides ?

> If you det ill or injured.....can you then e transferred under
> pressure. what happens if there is a fire inside or outside the
> chamber.

If the fire is inside the chamber the divers manage to fight the fire or died. If the fire is outside - maybe the crew of the sub manage the fire or died. And the divers maybe died a week later.

Have you ever seen that a ill diver is transfered from the camber to another in a
transfer chamber to a hospital in real life ? I ask that because the german military has many, many one man helicopter tranportation chambers from Dräger for this case - and never use it under real circumstance in 30 years. Not one single real flight.. So they give up the concept at the end of the 80ies.
I learned that during my leason to handle a diver chamber in 1990.
We make a test dive in this little one man chamber to 50 meters - not really funny.. There is nothing you can do for the diver if he gets in trouble.

In emergency case on Euronaut we can compress the hole submarine in the deep to a pressure of some 1-3 bars. But this end relative quick because of the huge amount of storgage gas this needs. But maybe the equal of 30 meter deeps is a good pressure to meet your ill diver in a aceptable decompression time.

It dosent matter if you have to decompress after this two divers and a crew of one or two together.

best regards Carsten - were you are living ? Come and visit someday the Euronaut if you find time.