[PSUBS-MAILIST] visit to Uboatworx

Hello,

From concrete to GRP: Today we visit “psubfactory” Uboatworx in Breda, the Netherlands. The Nemo crew , me , Michael Schmelter (psubber from Germany) and some other psub enthousiasts were present.

Some 6 C-quester subs were in the hall in various stages of production; from just parts to a completed one. One sub was undergoing dive tests in a water filled container.

An 2 seater version is also under construction to be completed in April

It is totally different fron a K type sub: It has a normal boat like hull with inside the pressure hull wich contains only the pilot and some instruments. There are also several pressure tight containers for battery’s, electronics etc.  The oter hull acts also as a large volume soft tank that can lift the sub 600 mm out of the water! And even important for launch: just 600 mm draught!   The C-quester is highly automated and has an airco for the overheating and moisture problem.

We learned something from the visit and the workers from U-boatworx learned something from our expirience (Nemo has over 300 hours of diving!)

It was a great afternoon!

Regards, Emile