Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dry Ballast

Well short answer 1ton

But this is in fresh water, in seawater it is less, it even depends on water
temperature and it is so if you put it into the sub if you hang it outside the
steel also has water displacement - and you have to watch the moments it will
apply to keep your boat on even keel... In fact to get a realistic calculation
of all your weights and moments to predict what your submarine will finally do -
swim, sink, stay on keel or stand up like a bottle - is the most tricky part of
submarinism - every gram counts ... a person who moves in the sub changes the
moments...

A practical advise - make most of your ballast easy moveable so you can play
around and test while your boat is floating.

Sometimes things are very hard to calculate but easyly to try out - This is one
of the reasons why i am a fan of terminating your interior stuff while hanging
on a bouy - flotation comes in place without any calculation.

Kindest Regards,

Wilfried