Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete sub - sand and gravel

Good spooken there !!!

On 2/14/07, clientes@tolimared.com <clientes@tolimared.com> wrote:
concrete submarine hull sand and gravel

...good point brian - in fact you need 3 groups of korn with certain
specification of roundness and hardness to get good concrete any construction
company can advise  you in that - also test some cubes of the mix you use during
building.

But most importantly - before you start building any submarine - have a good
plan how you will run and maintain it, what you will use it for - how you will
finance it what will be the cost of maintainance - similar as in yacht building
you may opt to buy the hull - and build only interior by yourself - i had to
build 3 hulls to figure it out - learning by making mistakes is cost intensive
and dangerous...cut those costs.

I can state where and how i do a project when i have size, requirements and
budget - this is why i say before you start - have a plan - write numbers down -
share your numbers with other people to see if realistic ... do not make a boat
first to figure out later what to use it for...

Kindest Regards,

Wilfried Ellmer

> Wilfried,
>                 Where you plan to build the concrete sub, what is the
> quality of the sand and gravel ?  According to concrete experts that I
> have talked to this is very important for the ultimate strenght of the
> cured concrete.  For instance, here in Ventura California where I live,
> the geology of the area here on the coast,  the rock here is not good
> for strong concrete.  I have to make sure I get sand and gravel from the
> desert area where there are deposits of granite.
>
> Brian Cox

our server receiving your request.

PSUBS.ORG
PO Box 53