RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete sub - sand and gravel

Brian,

The quality of the water is also important.  Here in the Bahamas they use slightly brackish water and their rebar quickly corrodes as a result resulting in spauled concrete.

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Brian Cox
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:04 PM
To: Personal_Submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete sub - sand and gravel

Wilfried,
                Where you plan to build the concrete sub, what is the quality of the sand and gravel ?  According to concrete experts that I have talked to this is very important for the ultimate strenght of the cured concrete.  For instance, here in Ventura California where I live, the geology of the area here on the coast,  the rock here is not good for strong concrete.  I have to make sure I get sand and gravel from the desert area where there are deposits of granite.

Brian Cox