Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] CAD help!!!

Hello Pierre. That would be nice if we all offered our talents. I would appreciate any work you could do on identifying weak spots in my design.
In turn, maybe there is something I can do for you.
How would I get a drawing to you?
My sub is of a slightly different design than the Kittredge.
More of a clam shell than a tube, with semi-hemispherical tank ends as top and bottom, rather than ends on a tube. Kinda like a squashed sphere.
My model testing shows that it should offer more free-board, shallower draft, and more usable space inside than the tube design.
The hydrodynamics are a little less efficient than a long slender tube, but at slow speed ( like most psubs ) the difference is negligible, and I'll have room for comfortable, side-by side seating.( if I can find anyone brave enough to try it! )
I've finally got the parts into fabrication ( 5 months of haggling ) and hope to see them in a month.
Windows have to be the weak spot, and I'll be putting 4 inch "T" ribs inside in the areas that need additional support.
Expected depth is about 300 feet with 2 inch thick windows, but my guess is that most dives will be 100 feet or less.
Approximate weight is 8400 lbs. for the 84 inch diameter/56 inch tall main hull.
I hope to be able to get 6 knots submerged speed out of her.
I look forward to hearing from you......Frank D. (408) 353-6645  Calif time.