Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Typhoon dry ambient [formely Moki picture . . .]

Hi, Bill, et al . . .

In my continued search for meaning in life, I have decided to use the Russian Typhoon as the defacto choice for my first boat.  Why?

Mainly because the majority of the hull allows for simple curves that can be derived using sheet material.  Fast and easy to build.  Exceptions, of course, are the bow cone and parts of the stern and canopy support structure.  These will have to be faired accordingly.

If you take a look at the Typhoon pics I submitted to the list back in 2000, you'll see what I mean:   http://www.psubs.org/pic/typhoon.html

This design also allows me to cruise long distances and it avoids having to have surface support.  Our waters are surrounded by boats (Strait of Georgia, B.C., Canada - the Left Coast).  VHF radio, cell phones and EPIRBS will all summon help quickly.  If I'll be going far from shore (transiting) I'll wear my Viking (dry) suit.  If I'm staying close to shore - like sailing over to my local latte provider by the water's edge - I'll just wear my tux  ;-)

Rick Lucertini
Vancouver