[PSUBS-MAILIST] British/Canadian subs for sale thread.

I could be wrong, but I think the scrap value of the subs in the below link would be more than $50,000 to $60,000 each.

As for them deteriorating so badly that they could not even be used as static museums, how could a hull that thick be in such

bad shape that they couldn't even float as museums? Possible I guess, but rusted thru a pressure hull? They are floating now aren't they?

They did not say "rusted thru"  but why else would they be unusable as static museum attractions? Something doesn't feel right to me about this article's statements. Bill.

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:fxAgWbfi5NcJ:www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/05/25/subs050525.html+Submarine+for+sale&hl=en