Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Seahorse news

Dear Christopher.

You said..."though I have found it humorous to sit and listen to others about such matters, I cannot help but point out their mistakes."

Allow me to do the same.

I know the difference between radar and sonar.

You said...."Radar,.......That will be ineffective in location of submarines"

There certainly were a lot of submarines found by radar on the surface and sunk during WW2. That's why the germans were expermenting with the rubber coated sub to try and defeat the radar.

Radar has been used extensively to locate submarines on the surface (as with any ship on the surface) during WW2 and since. I said the germans in WW2 were expermenting with a rubber coated sub to defeat detection by radar. I stand by that statement.

You ASSUMED I made a mistake and that I said radar when I meant sonar because you were thinking of a submarine SUBMERGED. You did not read carefully what I said.

I said and meant radar.

You said...."Sound, Regardless of what coating is on it"

You assumed I meant the rubber coating would defeat sonar. That is not what I said.

I also stand by my statement that I believe eventually sound waves will be able to be bent around objects and render them invisible to sonar much like our stealth fighters defeat radar, and therefore we should not put all our eggs in the sonar basket.

I apologize for the disagreement, but you assumed things I did not say. Please read it again.

Don't feel too bad. I make mistakes all the time. I'll probably make one again soon! Lol. Just ask the guys here! I thought covering your batteries  with oil in a battery pod would contaminate the acid. Made a big mistake on that one.

But I try not to get too cocky. I learned that when you do you get the most egg on your face.

Kindest Regards,
Bill Akins.