[PSUBS-MAILIST] I found where the missing 02 from using hydrocaps goes.

Hi everyone.

I gave George Peroni of the hydrocap corp a call today (305) 696-2504 and told him of our discussions regarding vacuums forming in sealed battery pods using hydrocaps.

Here is what George told me... "On DISCHARGE the hydrocaps are non stochimetric and give off more hydrogen than oxygen and the hydrogen has to take ambient oxygen from

the pod to reform water". This creates the vacuum.

"Non stochimetric" mean't non equal according to George. He said on DISCHARGE this is ALWAYS NON equal and hydrogen ALWAYS outproduces oxygen on discharge.

George did say they would have to be discharging for awhile for this to occur and was susprised that anyone actually had a vacuum form but

that this would account for it.

Also he said..."On CHARGING, the hydrocaps give off more hydrogen than oxygen on the first part of the charge and on the final part of the charge the hydrocaps give off more oxygen than hydrogen".

He also told me I don't need a forced vent air system for use during recharging but that a simple open battery pod vent on charging would be adequate to release the pressure from the hydrogen formation during charging.

(I still might install one just for safety sake to blow the hydrogen out quicker rather than let it seep out, couldn't hurt.)

It had nothing to do with the oxygen bonding and becoming a lead oxide to account for the oxygen loss.

So now we know why the vacuum forms in a sealed battery pod using hydrocaps and understand just that much more about our systems.

I Told ya I would bulldog it out Stan. I'm finished with my bone now. Lol.

Kindest Regards,
Bill Akins.