Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Wetsub carrier water transport systems

Flooding with oil is probably the best option for deep diving... but for ambient subs I don't see the need.  Ambient subs need more than the existing shaft seal on a trolling motor, but nothing as elaborate as a ceramic seal or oil filled casing.  Oil filled has its disadvantages also, including viscous drag and contamination.

I don't have a good understanding of how a ceramic seal works.  Can anyone elaborate on that?

Stan