[PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery/motor pressurization

Ah, well I misunderstood.  I was assuming the electrical system was separate from the pressurization system.  Check valves won't work with wires running through...

But if you're running trolling motors, they are mounted to a hollow steering shaft.  Wires run through the shaft to the battery and the control head.  Tubing can also run through the shaft to maintain ambient pressure in the motor. If the tube pressurizing the motor on descent has a check valve, then you need another tube to bleed pressure from the motor on ascent. The shaft is then filled with sealant of some type... silicone, or bondo (automotive dent filler), so that the individual components are isolated.

At least, that's how I plan to do it...  Unless someone sees a flaw...

Stan