Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Boucher, RPM - sub info.

Erik another sample :

The displacement of Euronaut on the surface is 56955,8 Kg (56,9 metric
tons) and dived is 67586 kg (67,6 metric tons). Can you figure with this
figures out how the transport weight on a lorry is ?

I will answer this question myself :

56955,8 kg Displacement on the surface in saltwater means with
- 300 kg crew
- 340 kg Bow hard tank at 50 %
- 340 kg stern hard tank at 50 %
- 100 kg freshwater
- 100 kg wastewater
- 380 kg Diesel bow tank
- 424 kg Diesel stern tank
- 1000 kg payload (reserve weight)
- 1700 kg Saltwater lead

so dry on the lorry is 52271,8 kg or 52,272 metric tons if I remove the
saltwater lead or 53,972 t if I remove it not..

As you easy can see the the first two displacements figures are useless
without the explain of the payloads.

Imagine a database of 300 subs and only 10-20 % of the subs based on
wrong figures or basements... for an engineer this database will be
useless.

Weight of Euronaut ?? Hmm about 60/70 ts.. :-0

Another figure sample :
Somebody gives : The sub runs 3 knots for 10 hours with 2 batteries
(but true figure is 2 knots at 10 hours with two batteries.)
And you want to build a sub runs 3 knots for 10 hours and you build
based on this figures in two batteries.. Later you will find surpricely
out that the boat runs 3 knots for only about 6 hours.. bad submarine
you have build - right ?

"Do it right or don't do it" (Technical divers joke..)

regards Carsten