Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Boucher, RPM - sub info.

Hi.

I agree with Ray on this one, for the data to be useful it must have
a known accuracy, also we should list acceptable methods of measuring
the data.

For the velocity example (I'm sure you mean speed, velocity is a vector,
speed and direction), should we accept reading from the speed sensor
on the sub?  What about currents and water flow?  What if the speed
sensor on the sub is in accurate?  What if the speed reading is only
over a few seconds/minutes as opposed to 30 minutes I don't think it
will give an accurate (reality accurate, not data accurate) of the
submarines performance.

I think this project of forming a database of sub stats is brilliant,
and I can't wait to finish my first sub and entry some data.  I take
my hat off to all involved with this.  I'm also sad to see it empty,
maybe we could get volunteers to go a round and measure peoples subs?
(A slow but sure process).

Can people edit the data a later date?  For example if they took all
the static measurements and entered then them, could they come back
and update the speed, power source lifetime and the other values
which cannot easily be measured.

Thanks,
  Ian.