Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dry ambient concept

Exactly! Pierre has a motorcycle, right? If not, he has or can get a bicycle.... (j/k Pierre, j/k!)

As for the conning tower/sail, if you want to flood it, why bother with this valve of that valve? Do you plan on using it underwater? If so, why flood it (unless you're trying to escape a sunken craft)? If you don't plan on using it underwater and plan on flooding it, simply make it out of material not as thick as the hull, and have drain holes drilled into the CT *before* you weld it to the hull. Not really "holes" as in *holes*, but more like 180* or "half-holes". You can have a light metal screen for sail cover to keep critters and fish from becoming hitch hikers when you surface. This way when you go under, it floods freely. When you surface, it drains freely.
Carl

Alexander Foreman wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:14:56 -0500, "Pierre Poulin" <pipo305@hotmail.com>