Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bilg pump

Dave,

I guess my age is showing.  Cinder blocks are those large rectangular
cement blocks usually used in laying foundations in houses.  People
often use them stacked as stands with boards for bookshelves. I've even
seen them used as anchor weights.  There was also a sandbag in the
plane, but we didn't have to used it.  I learned a valuable lesson as
harrowing
as it was.  Even the prop at full throttle wasn't biting air until it
started to pitch
over.  Scary !  I wanted pull up, but the instructor kept saying
wait...wait, didn't
want to stall the plane.... that ground was REALLY CLOSE  !  Giving me
goose
bumps now.

Dave: you're a chopper pilot?  That's what I originally wanted training
in, but
$400 / hr.  put a crimp in that.  Flight school in a C150 was  $25.00
topped-off.
$15/hr plane rental 10/hr for instructor.  Though I did fly second seat
in a Cessna
Citation several times. [ and various other aircraft ]
13000hours is a lot of  flight time. 600 is too. What were you doing?

--Steve

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:28:48 -0800 (PST) Fly Deep <flydeep4u@yahoo.com>
writes:

> The cinder blocks floated past us and my instructor said, quick,
> grab one and pushed me against the yoke and my face mashed-up
> against the window. [ his also ].  We gradually pitched forward and
> we got enough air flow for control and
>
> ever-so-gently eased her back up.  Good thing, the ground was coming
> up awfully fast!!!
>

> Steve,,,I have around 13,000 hours in helicopters and just under 600
> in fixed wing?What the hell are the cinder blokes for?.I?ve never
> heard of this before..... Dave
>
> Do you Yahoo!?

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!