From: DJACKSON99@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bilg pump
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:10:25 EST

Greetings Pierre

I use bilge pumps on my home built ROV, and unfortunately they barely do the
job and my ROV only weighs about 8 pounds.  See
http://jackson.parcabul.com/rov/index.html I am in the process of upgrading my ROV and converting the bilge pumps to use impellers but even then I don't think they would stand a chance
of pushing your sub around.  I am going to test a bilge pump to 150 feet
because I need one on my sub when it is surfaced. You might be interested in that. It could be used to give a wet or ambient more freeboard by pumping a ballast tank dry once surfaced, consuming battery instead of compressed air. Here is
the pump I am going to test:
http://jackson.parcabul.com/sub/shurflow_bilge_pump.htm

How are you coming on your sub?

Kindest Regards
Doug Jackson
http://jackson.parcabul.com/sub/

In a message dated 3/15/2004 1:44:06 PM Central Standard Time,