RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bedtime stories

The Solo status report very briefly: Hull is painted, high amp electricals hopefully should be complete this coming weekend, after I lost weeks due to the “upside-down battery” issue described in previous posts. The high amp cables weigh 50 lbs in aggregate! I will be moving on to installing the electronics next, and due to the use of a PLC they are quite substantial – I expect they’ll take at least a month to put in. I’m also mulling ideas to upgrade the fly-by-wire system after I found some unusually torquey stepper motors quite reasonably priced from a new vendor: www.tormach.com

Alec

-----Original Message-----
From: atozed@juno.com [mailto:atozed@juno.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 10:30 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bedtime stories

 My kids would like some new bedtime stories, and I'd like to learn about submarines instead of personal problems.

Actual experiences. Problem solving during design, building, and diving.

Would you who read this who can, please write about diving. Who, what, when, where, why? The rewards and drawbacks?

Mike, did you put PRV-2 into the water?

Alec, what's new with Solo?

Peter Madsen’s FREYA has made 157 dives; Dan Lance,

Ken Martindale, and Dale replied to Curtis that they have actually dived, Robert descended 900 ft in Lake Superior,
I'd like to read a "best of" that we could all learn from.

-Peter Korwin