Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Self introduction

Hello Gail,

Well, to set the record straight, I have built submersibles. 3 in fact.
I didn't think it was worth mentioning, because 1.) they were never
tested
2.) Local divers who had shops in the same complex that I had my workshop
bought them from me before they saw final completion.  The first 2 were
wet subs based on the Popular Mechanics and the 3rd was to be an
ambient sub.  I had planned to build an improved design 4th sub from
the money I made on the other 3, but business problems put a damper
on this project.    Previous to these projects, I had built surface
craft; 2 sloops
and a smal power boat.

I would not under estimate Michael or Carl. They've been members of this
forum
longer than I have and I have had some very interesting discussions with
Mike
offlist.  Michael's knowledge is quite formidable and he has a grasp of
the
fundamentals and is a consummate historian of nautical and aviation
history
especially on the technical side.  For me, Carl is a down-home and
home-spun
Don't mistake his mannerism for lack of knowledge and common
sense.....read
between the lines.

There exists a camaraderie and fraternity here on pSubs, so the
perception
may be a lack of serious because of some of the joking around and off
topic
messages. But the end result is "submersibles" and total regard for
"safety".
Take a poll of the members here, there are engineers, physicists,
astronomers,
archaeologists, psychologists, former Navy divers just to name a few.
That's
quite a knowledge base and collective wisdom.

I think the internet is such a wonderful place that there are resources
such
as pSubs and Vulcania to seek knowledge from experienced people.

--Steve