Re: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery explosions

I just want to state one thing on this subject. I ran
series of tests on high quality Swiss ans German made
motors and the effects of common food ingredients.
(This made sound odd, but it was a study for the place
I work at.) Anyhow, the motors were completely
destroyed within a few days by the strangest things,
like alcohol, tomatoe, bacon, etc. I mean the
armatures
failed. Why? Simple the insulation on the windings was
not intended to resist these common chemicals. All I
am trying to say, is be very cautious when it comes
to filling motors with anything and test it fully
before hitting the water...Even if it is proven.

Warren.